|Photo from Wikimedia Commons|
- the US biotech agriculture industry would be crippled if it had to wait for the USDA to prepare an EIS for every GM crop deregulation
- it would send out the 'wrong' message that the US thinks GM isn't safe which would make approvals by other trading partners virtually impossible
- it would threaten America's economic dominance in the agricultural biotech market
- it would make the positions taken by the Bush and Obama administration in supporting GM look hollow
- it would allow Brazil and China to overtake the US as world leaders in biotechnology ...
- Mike Ludwig, under Industry Pressure, USDA Works to Speed Approval of Monsanto's Genetically Engineered Crops, Truthout, 12.12.11
- Tom Philpott, USDA Greenlights Monsanto's Utterly Useless New GMO Corn, Mother Jones, 23.01.12